Swabs received today, 100% better, I will be buying a pack in the very near future, THANK YOU again! Customer service as it’s meant to be.
Digital SLR Cleaning for Beginners
This paper has been written to provide a complete guide to a new or inexperienced user of a Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera (DSLR) who has not previously attempted to clean the camera or sensor. No previous knowledge is assumed. In this we article we discuss:
- Why does the sensor get dirty?
- Recognising when the sensor is contaminated.
- The basic internal parts of a Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera
- The best strategy to ensure a safe and successful sensor clean.
- The different sensor cleaning methods available today.
- When to clean the sensor
- Cleaning the Mirror and Focussing Screen
After reading through this material you should have a good knowledge of the inside of your DSLR, know when the sensor is contaminated and how to safely clean it using a method of your choice.
The guide is quite long, as the intention is to educate as well as to inform. If you wish to skip any section, please use the chapter links above to move quickly around the article.